2012年7月25日星期三

Tera my personal views

If the game is doing all of this for some overall purpose, I could evaluate whether or not it worked. But it isn't. This Tera Gold  is the sort of immaturity that you expect people to grow out of once they leave middle school. It's a bunch of pointless marginalization, and about the nicest thing I can say is that it's all too stupid to really be seen as offensive. Despite my hopes to the contrary, it's ridiculously sexist, and while it might not stymie your enjoyment of the gameplay, it's not something to feel good about endorsing.

The big problem is that this is all TERA has. Once you get rid of the combat and the leering male gaze, you're left with a game that merely does things competently.

So is TERA a good game? If you're looking for active combat, unquestionably. The battle mechanics leave pretty much every other active battle system dead in the water. I know some people are waiting for Guild Wars 2 strictly for the combat, and I say without reservation that you can just buy a copy of TERA now and save yourself the time. But if you don't care about action combat, really, it's got nothing to offer you. There are enough discordant notes that bring down the overall experience, so i can't recommend it without reservation.

That's the end of my run; next week, it's Beau Hindman's turn in the big seat. But as always, I've still got a poll for useful feedback in the Tera Online future. Thanks for being a great interactive audience, and I'll be back for another round in a few months.

没有评论:

发表评论